Captains Jeff, Mary, and Nick Poe, the owners of Big Lake Guide Service, would like to invite you to Southwest Louisiana to enjoy the finest saltwater fishing on the Gulf Coast. Our service has been in operation since 1984 and has grown from one to seven boats. Calcasieu Lake and its tributaries are nationally known for the trophy speckled trout it produces every year.
Our service has been in operation since 1984 and has grown from one boat to seven boats. Calcasieu Lake and its tributaries are nationally known for the trophy speckled “sow” trout that it produces each year.
All of our charterboat captains are U.S. Coast Guard licensed and insured, to guide you safely through your fishing adventure. All of our captains are full-time employees and have numerous hours of experience on the waters of Calcasieu Lake and close offshore rigs. They are very knowledgable, personable, helpful and friendly.
In Calcasieu Lake and surrounding marshes, you can expect to catch and KEEP the following species of fish:
Most Sought After:
- Speckled Trout
- Black Drum
- Sand Trout
In the Gulf of Mexico and along our many miles of beaches, you will find many species lurking. Not only will you catch Trout and Reds, you may also experience the fight of the following:
- “Bull” Redfish
- Spanish Mackerel
- King Mackerel.
All of the above species and many others are located near the oil platforms just offshore.
A full day of fishing lasts about 8 hrs. We prefer leaving our dock at first “safe” light. All charters will depart from our private dock, unless other arrangements are made in advance.
With a rising demand for a half day option, we decided to introduce a half day package at a reasonable price. It includes fishing for up to three people for 4 hrs. These trips can be run either morning or evening at your convienence during weekdays (Mon-Thurs). Half days on weekends (Fri-Sun) will only be offered in the evening.
Our goal is to make sure that we give you and your guests our utmost attention, so that your experience with Big Lake Guide Service will be one youʼll never forget.
Big Lake Guide Service Furnishes The Following:
- Seven center console, fully equipped open fisherman boats
- Ice for fish
- Rods & Reels – Available upon request (no charge)
- Baits – Soft bodied jigs
- U.S. Coast Guard Licensed & State Licensed Captains
Package Options and Pricing:
- 1-3 people Lake Half-Day (4 hrs) $500
- 1-3 people Inland Charter $650
- 1-3 people Gulf Charter $700
- 1-3 people Gulf Trip $725
- 1-3 people Cobia Fishing (weather permitting) $850
- 4-person trip $1000
Fishermen Are To Bring The Following Items:
- Rods & Reels
- Food & Drinks
- Ice Chest to carry fish home
- Fishing License – You may purchase your license over the telephone by calling 1-888-765-2602 or Click Here to Purchase Online.
- Resident and Non-resident need to purchase a “Charter Boat Trip License”, Guide License Number: 396760
Extra Charge Items Not Furnished In The Above Prices:
- Fish cleaning – Trout filleted $.50 each, all other species & methods $1.00 each.
- Top water baits and flies
- Live bait
- Meals (includes continental breakfast, sack lunch on boat and dinner) $75.00 per person
- There will be an additional charge for all charters that depart from other locations, other than our dock.
- Gratuity for guide and wait staff is greatly appreciated